As well as conducting events for children, I'm also experienced in delivering both talks and workshops for adults.
Photo Credit: Hilde Coenegrachts
Currently I have a talk focused around my career path from digital design to picture books, which takes a deep dive into my illustration and writing process. 'Stormy Seas, Shape-shifting Creatures and Picture Books' has something in it for all types of creatives considering different directions in their own career paths.
I also have a workshop for aspiring authors and illustrators, called 'How To Break Into Picture Books'. In this workshop, I talk about how I approached the world of publishing and established a career while being entirely self-taught. I share a wealth of advice and tips - ideal for beginners but also very interesting.
Do you want me to speak at your event? Get in touch.
- Nov 2024 - Beyond Tellerrand, Berlin
- Nov 2023 - SCBWI Picture Book Workshop
- Sept 2023 - Refresh, Belfast
- Aug 2023 - De Verbeelders lllustration Festival, Belgium
- Aug 2023 - De Verbeelders Picture Book Workshop, Belgium
- Nov 2022 - Dublin Book Festival, online
- Sept 2022 - Children's Books Ireland Conference, Dublin
- June 2022 - New Writer's Evening, online
- March 2021 - Children's Book Salon, online
“Paddy packed an incredible amount of insight into his presentation, sharing peeks into his process, practical reflections about the business of picture books, and exercises to boost illustrators in their own practice. Paddy is professional, kind, and responsive, and I would absolutely recommend him for a virtual or in-person workshop to anyone interested in learning more about children's publishing.”
- Kara Frost, Illustrator Coordinator SCBWI Benelux
"Paddy is a uniquely engaging and exciting presence for the children he works with. He brings out the joy of illustration and literature for even the most reluctant or shy student. His fun, warm personal style and highly professional attitude make him easy to work with. I would heartily recommend Paddy to anyone looking to engage children in art and literature."
- Chris Eisenstadt, NI Director of BookTrust